It's been a terribly, terribly long time... and I had just vowed with my last post to be so much better about posting!
Things got very, very busy after my last post! VERY busy!
- After working up to nearly 5 miles every Tuesday and Thursday at PT, they released me! :( I am... both happy and sad... glad because I have progressed this far and sad because... well, I have lost much of my support mechanism for going and motivating. It's hard.
- Speaking of health stuff, the numbness is subsiding and I am getting around better - the changes in the meds seem to be doing the job and it does seem to definitely be the migraine aura issue. Good to know and to have something to finally fight against. Not only that, but the migraines themselves aren't as bad for the first time in... decades. ::knock on wood::
- I managed to finally produce a partial chapter of my dissertation a couple of weeks ago - something which has been plaguing me for months and months - almost two semesters now. It's still got a lot of work to be done on it, but it is really, really moving along. On top of that, there are two papers to be pulled out of it, one we are hoping to push for Fall '09, and one for Spring '10.
- Yesterday brought the news of a possible paper presentation opportunity in Belgium in Spring '10. Will be following up on that pronto - it's been receiving very favorable pushes from some folks here in the University, so I think that may be something to strongly explore.
- Had some really nice family interactions in the past couple of weeks - some very unexpected. Very, very nice. ::smile:: I was so glad for them!
- Then there are the bragging things:
- I am being inducted next Saturday into an honor society ;)
- I am being inducted next Sunday into Who's Who Among Students in American Colleges and Universities
- and there is one other thing I will tell you about at another time.
- I plan to spend part of the summer attending a workshop in Quantitative Historical Analysis; in history geek terms, this is learning a whole lot about how to statistically quantify the numbers I am pulling from the various sources down here in Memphis for my dissertation. I am applying for a full scholarship, travel funds - everything I can find. I *need* this course. Anyone have any extra money for a needy scholar? I need room and board!!
- Once again, I will also be grading AP US History exams this summer as well. ::chuckle:: Yes! Back to it!
- Applying for and working on a couple other things, but they are so early in the working stages that it's silly to talk about them. Will catch you up on them when they are further down the pike.
Well, there's not much else happening other than teaching and the ever-present grading. ::grin:: Hope all my dear friends are doing well; I need to make the rounds again and see how all my blogging friends are! I miss you! Heck... I miss me!!
Will catch up with you soon again - I hope.